Load WordPress Sites in as fast as 37ms!

An accidental blogger and an engineer by education

Harsh Agarwal | Founder of shoutmeloud

A Little About Harsh


For the new readers, he is Harsh Agrawal, Founder of ShoutMeLoud.

I’m an accidental blogger and an engineer by education.

What Harsh says,


11 years back, I never imagined that I would live a boss free life and speaking at international conferences in exotic places like Las Vegas, Russia, Milan to name a few.

I have dedicated my good 11+ years to blogging and helping many individuals around the globe to grow in their career. Helping others grow has always been my biggest driving force and in this story will tell you about the important time period of my blogging journey.

Getting back to my educational background, I completed engineering in I.T. stream (2008) and by the end of my final year; I was placed in one of the most reputed I.T. Companies: Accenture.

How an accident changed my life?


On June 28th, 2009, He had a terrible accident that changed his life forever. The doctors told him that he could never walk again, and he nearly lost all hope and faith for a good life.

It devastated him for days but when he saw his parents crying, the strange realization of “Am I the only one with the problem?” changed the course of his life.

Fracture leg

That one profound thought had a great impact on my journey. He was bed ridden for 6-7 months but instead of giving up; he turned it into an opportunity. He spend a countless hour learning and honing his skills in blogging.

A big thanks to an excellent surgeon (Dr. Prateek Gupta), he ultimately could walk and run again after being bedridden for seven months.

Harsh, First Income from blogging


I started blogging out of passion and my love for writing.

I did not understand what AdSense was or what SEO was when I started. I was a hobby blogger and with time I learned about AdSense and other advertising programs. Though before that I learned SEO by reading lots of blogs and experimenting every day.

I still remember my first $10, which I earned via helping a 45-year-old Australian guy with his WordPress issue. That was my first online income and that’s how I discovered about PayPal which enables anyone to receive payment globally. Later on, I added AdSense, and in the first month, I made $40 which I consider as a good start.

Hobby Blogger to A Professional blogging


Back in March of 2009, I left my full-time job of 6 months, and I took up professional blogging as my full-time career.

It was not a straightforward decision and convincing my family was not an effortless task, but I took my chance and selected what I liked. By that time I started making decent money which could take care of my daily needs.

On another note, I have done my blogging business plan, and I knew how I’m going to take ShoutMeLoud to the next stage.

Earning from Blogging

This is the most interesting part of my blogging life. If I would have gone ahead with my 9-6 job, I would be making $20-35k per year.

With blogging and other online activities, I have managed to make more than $550K a year, which is 15x of the amount from my job.

Moreover, by the end, I’m my boss and I work within my own comfort.  I’m sharing this part with you because I want you to take blogging seriously, and you might end up living a life that you never imagined.

Awards


The biggest joy came after receiving the “entrepreneurship award” from the same college where I have spent 4 years of my engineering career.



What’s Next


How to Start a Blog in 6 Steps


  1. Pick a blog name. Choose a descriptive name for your blog.
  2. Get your blog online. Register your blog and get hosting.
  3. Customize your blog. Choose a free blog design template and tweak it.
  4. Write & publish your first post. Share your thoughts with the world. The fun part!
  5. Promote your blog. Get more people to read your blog with the proper marketing.
  6. Make money blogging. Choose from several options to monetize your blog.


Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search